Monday, May 13, 2013


I've been itching to get back on the treadmill.

It's been roughly six weeks since I had a great 7 mile run and then couldn't walk without crying that night. 

Rest, ice, PT and lots of yoga later my knee is finally feeling well enough for me to start short runs again.

So on Saturday after I dropped Molly off at the groomer I hit the gym for the first day of Couch to 5k.  I'm starting over at the basics to ease my knee into it and make sure my knee can handle it.

After fighting with my app about uploading my music, a girl can't run without some Rihanna and Pink, and picking the 30/30 pace to start with I was off.

I made it just over a mile in the 20 minutes, complete with warm up and cool down.

It wasn't earth shattering, and my knee was getting sore by the end of the run, but it felt so amazing to get out there and run again.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment