Saturday, February 20, 2010

Near Death Experience

I am still catching my breath from my last run. You see this was Week 5, Day 3 of Couch to 5k and it means I walk 5 minutes, run for 20 minutes (that's right I went from 8 minute intervals to 20 minute intervals in 1 day) and then a 5 minute walking cool down.

So I'm on the treadmill in my running leggings and the hoodie I wear to get my sweat on while I run and hitting my stride in between breaking up fights between Bella and Molly.

The 1st 8 minutes aren't that bad, I'd done the second interval twice so my body could handle that... it was the last 12 minutes that made me want to cry.

I'm not going to lie, I did not run non-stop the entire 20 minutes, I took about 3 breaks. Including one when Molly started doing what I call the "poopie dance" and I had to hop off the treadmill to run her to the backyard so she would go outside.

But after every breather I would hop back on and keep at it grunting like a Williams sister and scaring the dogs until the 20 minutes of Hell ended.

And it did end and I got off the treadmill, red faced and drenched with sweat and laid in the floor with the dogs till I could breathe again.

I am not proud enough to say I was so parched after this run but too tired to make it to the kitchen that I sprayed myself in the mouth with water bottle I use to keep the dogs in check.

Didn't I just paint the greatest picture of myself? Red faced and sweaty spraying myself in the face with a water bottle?

Trust me when I say getting fit is not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment