Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Preferred Workout

Let me preface this blog by saying I am a concert whore. Concerts are my vice and I have the bills to prove it.

Last night I saw Eric Clapton in concert for the 2nd time... my budget dictates it is my last concert for awhile, so I made it worthwhile.

You see if a concert is done right, it can be a workout.

It starts with the shoes. I threw on some cowboy boots with a 3 inch heel for my trek downtown and through the arena... instantly putting my glutes on alert a workout is coming.

From there just walking from my parking spot a few blocks away, up the ramp and down the stairs to me floor seats is a leg workout.

Then the lights go down... the band takes the stage and you're on your feet. I don't go to a concert to sit.

I stand and dance, shake my fat ass and clap to the beat. Suck your gut in while you dance, and tighten your biceps while you clap and you're using all your muscles to show your appreciation for the artist playing his heart out for you on stage.

If it's the right concert I will also sing along to every song and generally be a sweaty fool by the time it's over.

Leaving the Eric Clapton concert last night was no exception, my legs and ass hurt; my arms were sore and my throat is scratchy.

All things I consider the sign of a great concert experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment