Monday, November 1, 2010

Meatless Monday

So I'm on day 5 of a 10 day stretch of working.  I did it so a friend/co-worker could go out of town and I don't really mind that much, but it is making it harder to stick to healthy eating.

For example I'm at work tonight till after a football game so there will be no time to prep some awesomely delicious meal for Meatless Monday... so I'm cheating a little bit.

This morning I made something I've made before and something I was making for my mother for her birthday.

It's corn, black bean and avocado salsa...

No avocados yet... they get added right before you eat it.  It's pretty easy to make and can be eaten with corn chips or tortillas... I've even had it with brown rice and it was pretty tasty.  Here's the recipe... which I got from my Aunt Stacy.

Recipe:
1 Can organic black beans drained, rinsed
1 can shoepeg corn, drained, rinsed
4-5 diced Roma Tomatoes
1-2 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
juice of 1-2 limes (I like the tang so I use 2 limes)
1 diced avocado

Mix everything but the avocado in a flat dish and let it marinate all day, stirring periodically.  Then add the avocado just before you serve.

One Note- be very careful when dicing tomatoes.  I sliced the hell out of my thumb and when I told Mems and asked her to finish dicing them she laughed at me.

No sympathy...

No comments:

Post a Comment