Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cleanse Dinner 1- Stir Fry

It's here... I'm currently cleansing (with a few minor slip ups, mainly to empty the fridge finally) and it's pretty simple.

Oatmeal with sea salt and local honey for breakfast.

Blackeyed Pea Soup for lunch- courtesy of Mems.

Tofu Stir Fry for dinner.  I love stir fry.  I could eat at Genghis Grill daily and not get sick of it... so I made it myself with my cleanse in mind. 

I sliced carrots, zucchini and diced some firm tofu, like so

Then I cooked it in my wok with some olive oil and garlic powder.  Don't get between this girl and her garlic.

While I was doing this I had some long grain brown rice in the rice cooker. I didn't soak before hand like I prefer so it was a little chewier than I like my rice.. but it was good.

I tossed it in the wok with about a tablespoon of stir fry sauce.



Doesn't it look yummy?

It was really good and made enough for me to put some away for lunch or dinner tomorrow.  My goal this week is to definitely make meals that are big enough I don't necessarily have to cook every night. 

So I've been actually planning my meals ahead of time... which is a change, but think it will be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. We ate at Genghis Grill today. I love me some good, spicy, garlicky stir fry.

    ReplyDelete