Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Gwyneth!

So my best friend Gwyneth Paltrow is coming out with a cookbook.  And a country album.  And a lifestyle magazine.  She's the more pretentious Oprah (if that's even possible)... and I just can't stop loving it.

I even DVRd Regis and Kelly last week because Gwyneth was cooking.  She made something I couldn't eat but I did love hearing her talk about cooking and I totally admit I got a little teary when she started crying talking about how her Dad influenced the cookbook.  I still start crying almost every time I talk about Pops.  Daddy's Girls are like that long after Daddy is gone.  Trust me on this.

Waterworks aside this book is a pretentious mess waiting for me to read it.

So imagine my joy when my friend Katelin found a blog with the best lines from Gwyneth's new cookbook.

This is my favorite line-

"I'm not sure how healthy bacon is in general, but I know it's incredibly delicious." This week has been like water torture to avoid giving into my bacon craving.

I'm tempted to get someone to sit in my kitchen and eat bacon and tell me how good it is so that I can live vicariously through them.

I feel so much better knowing my best friend and former vegan Gwyneth Paltrow also loves bacon.  It's like a forbidden love.  Like the Thorn Birds in my kitchen. 

My other fave phrase- "Hippie Shame Spiral"  You KNOW I'm going to steal that one.

I'm what my friends lovingly (at least in my head) call a crazy hippie liberal. 

And yes, I baked cupcakes for a friend last week and used eggs... now I know I should be happy I didn't go into a hippie shame spiral. 

I also forgot my re-usable bags at the grocery store this weekend... and I had a little bit of a hippie shame spiral.  

I want to start a band and call it "Hippie Shame Spiral" I'll wear birkenstocks on stage every concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment