Saturday, March 17, 2012

Workout Safety

So this happened in my town the other day:

Jogger raped at LaFortune Park - FOX23 News

A 19-year old was jogging at 6:30 in the morning when a stranger attacked and raped her.  It's horrible and scary and happened right across the stree from where I go workout at 6:30 in the morning every day.

It freaked me out.

Now I've jokingly talked about self defense in the past.  Cue the video:

My Ignite Tulsa speech, where I curse and kick ass

But this legit freaked me out.  Doing a 360 looking for dangerous people, having a heart attack when someone got into their car while I was on alert, I legit screamed at a dude once when he rounded the corner after his morning workout.

So I armed myself with mace and stopped tweeting while walking across the darkened parking lot so I can be aware of what's going on around me. 

What kind of precautions do you take to stay safe while you're getting fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment