Friday, May 11, 2012

Let's talk yoga

Yoga is taking over my life.

With the exception of this week I've been going twice a week for a month now.  My handy Y offers a class Monday and Wednesday nights for an hour and 15 minutes.  Now that I've missed a week I've realized that those two and a half hours a week keep me sane. 

Let's talk about some yoga life lessons I've learned.
  • Yoga keeps my crazy brain calm.  That time spent calming myself and focusing on my breath and posture makes me stop thinking about the 7,000 other things that are going on in my head.  I call myself functioning ADD, but I really need those calming moments or I want my head to explode.
  • When you do yoga you become addicted to looking up the names of the weird yoga poses you do and posting on social media to be braggy about how bendy you are, at least I do that.
  • Also, yoga lends itself to doble entendre dirty tweets, i.e. 'I didn't know I could put my foot there.'
  • Yoga is fun to do in the outfield at softball practice.  I apologize to my softball teammates.
  • I'm getting really bendy.
I also set a yoga goal:

Feathered Peacock Pose
One day I will do it.  Yes, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment