Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Workout Review: P90X Ab Ripper

You may remember a few months ago when I attempted to do the P90X Workout... here it is.

My boobs and I haven't attempted much of the workout again... but I love the Ab Ripper DVD that's included. 

I hate my entire mid-section.  It's the first place I gain weight and the last place I lose it. So in addition to running and Body Pump I've been adding this dvd to my rotation.

It's a pretty kickass workout.  It's about 15 minutes long and me and my fat gut had trouble getting through the whole thing.  The same jackass host does the abs and he's still annoying but the joy of P90X is that a) the people working out with him look as annoyed as I felt and b) he offers easier and harder options as you go through the work out.

Some of them I could do the harder ones and some I had to stick with the easier options, but either way I could feel my abs working.  The moves were also well rounded and worked the full range of abs instead of just the typical crunch workout.

When the 15 minutes are up my abs are tired, my heart rate is up and I'm even a little sweaty.  Even just doing it a couple times a week I'm definitely seeing an improvement in my abs and my posture.  Which is good cause I tend to slouch over like I'm welcoming people to Frankenstein's Castle half the time.

Yes, I stole that line from 30 Rock. Suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment